Purpose of Position:
To maintain all Camp Peniel property, organize repairs & maintenance in consultation with the Board of Camps, Conference, and Retreats (BCCR), Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Arkansas Presbytery, and to assist camp directors and lessees with property issues. This position reports directly to the BCCR.
A 2-bedroom, home residence on camp property, maintained per the Camp Peniel Residence agreement.
1. Able to operate machinery & tools to maintain grounds & make minor repairs.
2. Able to work with and take direction from a 9-member Board.
3. Self-motivated to schedule and complete maintenance work on a regular and timely basis, keeping camp property in good condition, neat and well-maintained in appearance.
4. Maintenance & Groundskeeper experience preferred.
1. Mow camp grounds & weed eat around all buildings, trees, fixtures, and landscaping.
2. Spray weeds, ivy, & sprouts, annually each spring, around all buildings, trees, fixtures, and landscaping.
3. Keep limbs & branches picked up.
4. Trim low-hanging tree branches.
5. Water new trees, shrubs, plants.
6. Be present for Board meetings when requested.
7. Be present for camp work days with Board.
8. Schedule repairs in consultation with the Board.
9. Service and maintain equipment (lawnmower, tractor) and tools.
10. Meet service people and escort while on premises.
11. Check in/out camp renters, ensuring compliance with lease agreement.
12. Winterize water lines, toilets, ice machine, and all other necessary fixtures.
13. Perform minor repairs approved in advance.
1. Mow & trim grounds.
2. Make sure all cabins and inside of buildings are swept and neat.
3. Turn on/off water.
4. Turn on/off water heaters.
5. Check & fill fire extinguishers.
6. Check smoke alarms & replace for proper functioning.
7. Check each toilet, shower, & sink for proper functioning.
8. Check all outside lights & replace bulbs for proper functioning.
9. Check all inside lights & replace bulbs for proper functioning.
10. Check exhaust fans for proper functioning.
11. Turn over trash drums and line with liners, empty during events as needed, turn upside down at close of event.
12. Spray/remove wasp nests around all buildings.
13. Check in/out camp renters, ensuring compliance with lease agreement.
14. Unlock/lock gate & doors.